Attention locavores: Fat Cat Foods and other Florida-based vendors will be spotlighted at Tampa Bay’s 2012 Yelper Party – Livin La Vida Local! event, taking place at Datz Restuarant in Tampa on Nov. 11, 2012, from 6-9p.
This invitation-only gastronomical bonanza (which has already reached capacity — sorry) serves not only as a terrific foodie hangout for some of the state’s top Yelp reviewers but also features tastings and demonstrations by six of the state’s best food producers, including as Empire Distillery, Special Hoperations, Transatlantic Wine & Spirits of Florida, Toffee To Go, William Dean Chocolate and, of course, Fat Cat Foods (who will be sampling and pairing its sauces with Datz’s famous breakfast potatoes).
Datz Restaurant, which has hosted Fat Cat tastings in the past, will pull out all the stops by providing guests with plenty of food, drinks and entertainment for guests, including the following:
- A slew of passed hors d’oeuvres (including BBQ Short Rib Bunny Chow with white cheddar popcorn sauce; mini Kobe meatloaf with zesty tomatoes-brown sugar glaze; open-faced mini Reubens; pulled pork sliders; and hummus shooters)
- Two “action stations” (including a Chicken n’ Waffle Bar and an array providing a fresh assortment of flatbread pizzas)
- A custom spirits menu featuring unique mixed drinks and craft beer
- Live music courtesy of Phase 5
- Photography courtesy of Gerardo Luna
This promises to be Tampa Bay’s foodie event of the year. For more information, please visit its official Yelp Event page.
Date: Nov. 11, 2012