Spicy Chicken Salad
Recipe created by Dorothy Dubuisson
Student of the Second Harvest Food Bank Culinary Training Program
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of Fat Cat Everyday Red Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken, chunked
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 bag of mixed spring greens lettuce
- 1/4 cup of red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing, on the side (optional)
- Mix half the salt and pepper with the flour and coat the chicken chunks with the flour mixture.
- Heat half the oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook through.
- While the chicken cooks, whisk together the remaining oil, salt, pepper and Fat Cat Everyday Red Jalapeno Hot Sauce until combined to make a salad dressing.
- Once chicken is done, drain on paper towels.
- Then, in a large bowl, toss together the lettuces, carrots and bell pepper. Top with chicken and drizzle with salad dressing. Serve with Ranch dressing on the side.