Hot BBQ Chicken Wings
Recipe created by Dorothy Dubuisson
Student of the Second Harvest Food Bank Culinary Training Program
- 8 chicken wings, separated
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fat Cat Everyday Red Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus 1 cup additional for frying
- 2 carrots, slicked into sticks
- 2 celery ribs, sliced into sticks
Heat 1 cup of vegetable oil in a pan until it reaches 350F.
Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and flour together in a bowl until well combined and then chicken well with flour mixture.
When oil is hot, fry the coated wings until brown, crispy and cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Alternately, you can also spray the coated wings with oil cooking spray and roast in the oven at 425F for 30 minutes or until brown, crispy and cooked through.
As wings cook, mix the remaining 2 tbsp vegetable oil, BBQ sauce and Fat Cat Everyday Red Jalapeno Hot Sauce in a bowl until well combined.
When wings have finished cooking, toss with the sauce mixture while still hot until well coated and then serve with carrot and celery sticks and with Ranch dressing on the side for dipping.